Saturday, May 14, 2011

Together Forever

       There is nothing better then seeing two individuals make the steps to enter into a covenant with the Lord. I was very honored to have the opportunity to see the marriage of two individuals that are very important to me. It has been so much fun to watch them grow and change to become closer with the Lord. You begin to see everything in their very personality, and outward appearance change. It is as if someone has not only polished them and turned on the all glowing awesomeness of life, but you see the happiness illuminating from them. On the Other hand it is sad to see how the world treats the sanctity of marriage. I have seen the world treats marriage more as an inconvience then anything else, and its easier to be single and living together then married. We know that marriage is fundamental in a relationship between a man and a women. The Lord has told us today through his Prophet, and Apostles that "The First commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God's commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We Further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between a man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife." (The Family: A Proclamation to the world) How grateful I am that the Lord has given such incredible advice on the importance of marriage, and the relationship between a man and a woman. I have been given the great privilege to have been raised in a Family where both my Mother and my Father honored, and cherished the covenant that they made with each other. It is because of their great example that I want to raise my children in the same environment. Marriages are not something that is just a requirement, it is a sacred responsibility that is to last for time and all eternity. It is only within the walls of the Lords Holy house that we can receive the sealing powers of Heaven. I love the primary song that says:
"I have a family here on earth. They are so good for me. I want to live my life with them for all eternity. Families can be together forever through heavenly fathers Plan. I always want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how I can. The Lord has shown me how  I can. While I am in my early years, I'll prepare most carefully, So I can marry in God's temple for eternity. Families can be together forever through heavenly fathers Plan. I always want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how I can. The Lord has shown me how  I can." (Families can Be together Forever)

       How awesome is that! Families can be forever I know thats true, and I am going to do everything I can to enter into the Holy Temple so I can be married to my wife (whoever that may be) for time and all Eternity!!! Thank you to my dear friends that were a great example to me to be married so that they can receive the blessings the Lord wants to offer them. Marriage is not supposed to be until death till you part, but its supposed to be for time and all eternity.
-Family Forever-

No comments:

Post a Comment