Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Are we on the Winning Side

Though the waves of despair and hopelessness descend upon us they will have no effect to bring us down. I can't count the number of times in my life where I wanted to give up, or when it seemed like I couldn't take one more step. While we were as we call it "trackt" or going door to do we meet some interesting individuals, pluse you add the stress of working in the heat you get a small but bad storm. But I know that I have the Lord to back me up. One of my favorite scriptures is Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" How powerful are these words "Not Ashamed, and Power" because of Jesus Christ we can look forward with the up most confidence that the storms will cease, and the winds will subside. We can conquer the storms of the world, and I know this life was not meant to be a piece of cake. It was a time set apart to prove to the Lord that we can weather the storms of life. It is up to us to fight to the End no matter how hard, or disparaging the storm may become.We will press on! There is a hymnal called "Come, Come, Ye Saints" It is a song that encourages us all to move on and continue towards the end. It was written in a time of both Spiritual, and Literal Storms. "Come, come ye saints, No toil nor labor fear, but with joy, wend your way. Though hard to you this journey may appear, grace shall be as your day. Tis better far for us to strive, "Our useless cares from us to drive. Do this and joy, your hearts will swell. All is Well! All is Well!" I am grateful that I can remember and head the counsel form this song, it reminds me that I cant give up, and that even though the storm is coming All will be well. Be not afraid for the Lord God is on your side! (Be of Good Courage Scriptures) Let us all Press on!

No comments:

Post a Comment