Friday, May 13, 2011

Prayers Change the World

I have always heard growing up that you can have a better day, and have more joy as you pray to your Father in heaven. I want to add my two cents that this is true statement, and its not about how long you pray, or how detailed your prayers are. All you need to worry about when your praying is why your praying. I sometimes have the problem of making my prayers to my Father in Heaven like a shopping list, and it usually turns out that the shopping carts has more temporal items (Like Donuts, Disney World (Go FLORIDA), and becoming like Batman)  then spiritual items (Like becoming more like Jesus, having a stronger testimony, and all that good heavenly stuff). All it turns into is "Father in Heaven I need the following things please make it happen, your son Elder James Graham P.S and bless the world". Now I'm not sure about you but if I was a Father and my son gave me that letter, and asked for something like that I might turn around and smack that child right back into the other world (Not really I'm not that mean, and Elder Graham wouldn't hurt a fly). On the other hand  I hope that we will remember that there is real power in prayer. We are not just talking to our friend at school, or making chit chat at the mall. We are talking to our Father in heaven, and we don't just call him Father in heaven for no reason. He is the one that created us even before we came to this world. He know us better then we know ourselves. So why in the world would we make a shopping list when instead we can talk to him about our life. We can ask him anything and he will answer as it says in the scriptures " Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." See (Matthew 7:7, and 3 Nephi 14:7) I love the fact that the Lord tells us that we will receive, and I know that he is always going to answer our questions and prayers. 


       I have two favorite prayers that changed the world, the first is the payer that Jesus Christ afford for us in the Garden of Gethsemane, and the second is when a young boy named Joseph Smith went into a Garden of trees and asked what church he should join. Both Prayers are very different and both had profound effects, but they were answered. Our prayers are what allow God to help us, and give us the need encouragement, and strength to over come this world. Payers are how we communicate with our Father at any time, and and in any place. The Lord is listening, and he will answer your prayers! Pray unto the Father with all energy of heart, and I know he will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment